Thursday, May 28, 2009

Embrace
























As fans of DC punk know, Embrace was the short-lived post-hardcore outfit formed by Ian MacKaye after the demise of Minor Threat. The band helped shape the sound that the rock media dubbed 'emocore'. Here's what MacKaye had to say about the term:
"I must say one thing. I must say emocore must be the stupidest f$%ing thing I've ever heard in my entire life. But just in case you are wondering, I read in my Thrasher the other day, that in fact, what my band (Embrace) along with other bands (Rites Of Spring, Beefeater, etc) in this city (Washington DC) are playing is emocore. I'm thinking Emo Phillips, the comedian (look it up if you don't know who he is), emocore? Emotional hardcore?? As if hardcore wasn't emotional to begin with. Anyway, it's caca. I hate to say it but you can only hold your silence for too long about this stupid sh#$t."
I agree Ian, and I agree with everything you have to say in this, my favorite Embrace tune:

Embrace - Money

1 comment:

DJ Pat Chez said...

Haha couldn't agree more